MWWPR has an exciting opportunity for an Account Director on the Consumer Lifestyle Marketing team in the Los Angeles office.
The AD will be a seasoned account manager with expertise in strategic planning, campaign creation and management, presentation creation, overseeing the creation of press materials and content, and cultivating and enhancing relationships with high level media and influencers. The AD will have deep expertise in media relations and integrated programs, and will have the ability to set integrated brand-building and media strategies as well as execute, manage team members, develop performance goals and measurement metrics, and serve as a primary client relationship manager and strategic counsel. Experience in Food & Beverage and/or QSR industries is preferred.
· 7+ years of experience serving in a full time role either in a public relations agency or the communications department of a company in a relevant industry. Agency experience required.
· Bachelors degree in public relations, a related field or in the liberal arts
· Experience working with or a passion for Food & Beverage brands is a plus!
· Superior oral and written communication skills; advanced proofreading and editing ability
· Superior, demonstrated proficiency in media writing and media relations (story pitching to traditional media and digital influencers, writing releases and bylines, ability to find creative angles and create highly targeted media strategies and pitches)
· Maintain a professional, client-ready demeanor and presence; keep a high standard of etiquette in all communications and interactions
· Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for digital tools and platforms (including social media)
· Experience supervising and providing guidance to junior staffers; strong team building and mentorship aptitude; effectively develops and retains staff
· Proven track record for providing and selling in highly strategic counsel/recommendations to clients
· Maintain knowledge and a demonstrated understanding of industry publications, nationals, broadcast media
· Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Cision (or related PR software)
· Ability to travel as necessary contingent on client and new business needs (requirements vary)
Success Factors and Other Details
· Develops and maximizes client relations, positioning MWW as a strategic partner at all times; perceived as a trusted advisor to client, maintaining close and regular client counsel
· Avid consumer of general and business/economics news and media
· Advanced understanding of clients businesses and industries; proven expertise pertaining to clients products and services; have the ability to demonstrate these products to media
· Proven ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively; exhibit a facility for problem solving and close attention to detail
· Ensure team billability and account profitability
· Supports company culture wholeheartedly, acting as an ambassador at internal and external events
· Demonstrates motivation and a can-do attitude
· Desire to pursue knowledge and professional development; motivate team members and encourage them to take advantage of training and development opportunities
· Actively participate in agency development by working collaboratively across all practice areas and assisting with new business whenever possible
· Team oriented with the proven ability to work in partnership with others as well as independently
· Able to work directly with the C-suite and subject matter experts to elicit their point of view on relevant business subjects
· Experienced in producing content relevant to media across online, video, visual and print; proven ability to think outside of the box to humanize and translate complicated business subjects and turn them into meaningful, timely story ideas
· Cultivate and exhibit strong presentation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and manage time in an organized manner while ensuring deadlines are met
· Consistently strive for personal excellence with both client deliverables and within your team, enabling MWW to maintain competitive advantage by providing exceptional value and service
EEO & Diversity Statement
MWW is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D.