MWWPR has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Executive on the Consumer Lifestyle Marketing team based in New York, NY, supporting food & beverage, lifestyle and health & wellness clients.
What Is Included (Primary Responsibilities)
· Serve as a primary, day-to-day, client contact; provide strong client counsel, anticipate client needs and prepare in advance, interact with senior level colleagues and clients
· Provide strategic direction and execution of earned media and digital influencer campaigns for consumer clients; proactively pitch targeted media (lifestyle, business, trade, local and national); proactively generate ideas to positively position clients, develop and maintain strong relationships with journalists and influencers
· Learn and maintain a thorough, demonstrated understanding of clients’ businesses and industries; actively follow and understand emerging issues, trends and news impacting your clients’ business, and proactively advise the team and client regarding how best to leverage or address these developments
· Demonstrate excellent writing skills; press releases, creative pitches, media audit and reporting, strategic recommendations, briefing documents, etc.
· Show strong acumen for project management; execute against multiple tasks in an effective, organized manner, including: events, press material development, media briefings, and product launches; provide high quality deliverables on or prior to deadlines
· Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to support client objectives and stories; ensure client program success; participate actively in account team strategy sessions and brainstorms
· Moderate media interviews and support media events, product briefings and media tours, and represent clients and products at industry conferences and events
· Manage and mentor teams (Associates, Account Coordinators, Associate Account Executives, Account Executives); facilitate teamwork and learning opportunities by delegating and involving junior staff whenever possible; review materials drafted by junior staffers; supervise media reporting and monitoring
What You Have to Have (Education and Experience Requirements)
· 4+ years of experience serving in a full-time role either in a public relations agency or the communications department of a company in a relevant industry
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, a related field or in the liberal arts
· Experience working with or a passion for food and beverage brands, lifestyle and health and wellness brands preferred.
· Superior, demonstrated proficiency in media relations (story pitching to traditional media and digital influencers, ability to find creative angles and create highly targeted story opportunities)
· Demonstrated understanding of digital and social media and how they work together with traditional media relations
· Superior oral and written communication skills; strong proofreading and editing ability
· Maintain a professional, client-ready demeanor and presence; keep a high standard of etiquette in all communications and interactions
· Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for digital tools and platforms (including social media)
· Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Cision (or related PR software)
· Ability to travel as necessary contingent on client and new business needs (requirements vary)
Success Factors and Other Details
· Avid consumer of general news pop culture, food and health & wellness news and media
· Maintain a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and industries; become an expert on clients’ products and services; ability to demonstrate these products to media
· Proven ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively; exhibit a facility for problem solving and close attention to detail
· Demonstrates motivation and a “can-do” attitude and desire to pursue knowledge and professional development
· Team oriented with the proven ability to work in partnership with others as well as independently
· Able to work directly with the C-suite and subject matter experts to elicit their point of view on relevant business subjects
· Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and manage time in an organized manner while ensuring deadlines are met
· Understanding of content relevant to media across online, video, visual and print; develop the ability to think outside of the box to humanize and translate complicated business subjects and turn them into meaningful, timely story ideas
· Cultivate and exhibit strong presentation and interpersonal skills
EEO & Diversity Statement
MWWPR is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D.