re you an over-achiever? Do you enjoy keeping multiple balls in the air? Is collaboration a concept where you succeed?
Look to us – MWWPR! We provide a workplace environment where everything comes to life.
The ideal candidate for the Account Director role is a creative, disruptive corporate communications leader, passionate about corporate reputation management and has a track record of creating/working on programs that help transform Company reputations among all stakeholders. Expertise with executive visibility and positioning, narrative development and reputation management (including issues management) and integrated program management required.
Our ideal candidate is someone who creates new approaches to using communications to solve business problems and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and brings a high level of energy and engagement to both client engagements and internal team interactions.
· Provide senior level account planning and supervision for major, key accounts with proven, specialized expertise in the category
· Lead the planning and execution of media programs and activities; serve as a primary, day-to-day, client contact and provide strong client counsel on tactical matters linked to strategic plans; anticipate client needs and prepare in advance
· Maintain a thorough, demonstrated understanding of clients’ businesses and industries; actively follow and understand emerging issues, trends and news impacting your clients’ business, and proactively advise the team and client regarding how best to leverage or address these developments
· Develops and maximizes client relations, positioning MWW as a strategic partner at all times; perceived as a trusted advisor to client, maintaining close and regular client counsel
Account Lead & Project Manager
· Excellent project management capability; can execute against multiple tasks in an effective, organized manner, provide high quality deliverables on or prior to deadlines; manage the logistics of and run multiple, defined client projects from concept to completion on time and within budget with the support of a junior team
· Manage, provides mentorship, and delegate to junior staff on a day to day basis; drive media results for clients, and ensure proactive daily media pitching, review materials drafted by junior staffers and provide constructive feedback
· Manage up to your supervisors and account leads regarding progress on deliverables, media outreach processes, and actively offer solutions to pivot where needed or enhance the project
· Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for the management and tracking of staff allocation and account financials including budget allocation and control
Media Relations & Strategic PR Capabilities
· Avid consumer of general and business/economics news and media
· Proven ability to apply public relations techniques beyond media relations in response to client briefs; proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to support client objectives and stories; ensure client program success; regularly measure client satisfaction and take appropriate action
· Lead integrated campaigns through a demonstrated, working knowledge of social influence, emerging digital platforms, and creative problem solving
· Superior ability to manage the creation of press materials, including: client media materials, byline articles, client correspondence and reports
· 7+ years of experience serving in a full-time role either in a public relations agency or the communications department of a company in a relevant industry
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, a related field or in the liberal arts
· Superior oral and written communication skills; advanced proofreading and editing ability
· Superior, demonstrated proficiency in media writing and media relations (story pitching to traditional media and digital influencers, writing releases and bylines, ability to find creative angles and create highly targeted media strategies and pitches)
· Maintain a professional, client-ready demeanor and presence; keep a high standard of etiquette in all communications and interactions
· Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for digital tools and platforms (including social media)
· Experience supervising and providing guidance to junior staffers; strong team building and mentorship aptitude; effectively develops and retains staff
· Advanced understanding of clients’ businesses and industries; proven expertise pertaining to clients’ products and services; have the ability to demonstrate these to media
· Proven ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively; exhibit a facility for problem solving and close attention to detail; think outside of the box to humanize and translate complicated business subjects and turn them into meaningful, timely story ideas
· Proven track record for providing and selling in highly strategic counsel/recommendations to clients; able to work directly with the C-suite and subject matter experts to elicit their point of view on relevant business subjects
· Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Cision (or related PR software)
· Ability to travel as necessary contingent on client and new business needs (requirements vary)