We are looking for an Associate Account Executive to join our Consumer Lifestyle Team in our Chicago office.
What Is Included (Primary Responsibilities)
· Own media relations for your clients, managing the development of media materials, proactively pitching daily to secure coverage, and cultivating relationships with journalists and influencers
· Serve as liaison between clients, vendors, and agency departments to keep teams and deliverables organized
· Begin to develop a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and industries, and the industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
· Build knowledge and understanding of industry publications, nationals, broadcast and digital media
· Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success; participate actively in account team strategy sessions and brainstorms
· Have an understanding of the digital landscape and provide hands-on social and digital support, including content development and digital strategy for clients across multiple digital platforms. Whenever possible, utilize MWWPR’s research & insights and paid media offerings to enhance any earned media program.
· Begins to develop an understanding of the pitch process for new business; conducts research to support pitch activities
· Participate in logistical operations of special events planning and coordination
· Begins to develop knowledge of the full services of MWW, procedures and business methods
· Provides mentorship to junior staff/Associates
What You Have to Have (Education and Experience Requirements)
· 1 – 3 years of experience serving in a full time role either in a public relations agency or the communications department of a company in a relevant industry
· Experience working with or a passion for food and lifestyle brands is a plus!
· Superior oral and written communication skills; proofreading and editing ability
· Experience in media writing and media relations (story pitching to traditional media and bloggers, writing releases and bylines, ability to find creative angles)
· Maintain a professional, client-ready demeanor and presence; keep a high standard of etiquette in all communications and interactions
· Demonstrate an understanding of and affinity for digital tools and platforms (including social media)
Success Factors and Other Details
· Avid consumer of general and business/economics news and media
· Ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively; exhibit a facility for problem solving and close attention to detail
· Desire to pursue knowledge and professional development
· Cultivate and exhibit strong presentation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and manage time in an organized manner while ensuring deadlines are met
· Consistently strive for personal excellence with both client deliverables and within your team, enabling MWW to maintain competitive advantage by providing exceptional value and service
About MWWPR MWWPR® is one of the world’s top independent public relations agencies with a global network of eight offices across the US and Europe. A full-service firm that approaches communications without the boundaries of expected thinking, MWWPR’s expertise spans Consumer Brands, Technology, Corporate Communications and Reputation Management, Public Affairs, Crisis Communications, LGBT, Entertainment, Sports & Luxury Lifestyle, and Health & Wellness. In 2016, MWWPR celebrated 30 years of providing strategic communications counsel and public relations support for its diverse client portfolio. With dedicated insights, strategy, data and analytics, social media, creative and technology teams, MWWPR ensures that clients Matter More® to the stakeholders who matter most. MWWPR’s Matter More® approach has been recognized by numerous, top industry awards including “Company of the Year,” “PR Agency of the Year” and “Top Places to Work in PR,” in addition to numerous awards for client work.
To learn more about MWWPR, visit http://www.mww.com or follow us on social @MWW_PR.
EEO & Diversity Statement MWW is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D.